This is a dual function part for those of you that have a rubber mount Harley Sportster (2004 and up) with mid controls.
Also available for the 2003 and earlier models but does require welding of the 4 supplied coped bungs to the frame.
The crash bar takes place of your bolt on highway pegs and serves the function as a standard highway peg and a crash bar.
The front crash bar protects the front section of the bike in case of a crash or tip-over. Replaceable Delrin ends help the bike slide over the pavement as opposed to causing the bike to high-side.
A lot of R&D has gone into the exact placement and length of the bar to ensure enough lean angle so not to impede high speed cornering, and still provide the right amount of protection.
- 2003 and earlier require welding of the 4 supplied coped bungs to the frame.
- For mid control models only
- May not clear some factory pipes
- May not work with oil coolers
- Made of Mild Steel
- Fully TIG welded for strength
- Gloss Black powdercoat
- Overall width of 31" (same as most handlebar widths with grips installed)
- Sold as a bolt on kit
- Replaceable Delrin slider ends